2018 Scholarship Application
View the guidelines below or click here to go directly to the download button.
New York City Correction Guardians Association Scholarship Application
The 2018 New York City Correction Guardians Association Scholarship is open to:
- High school seniors graduating in the spring of 2018
- Students currently enrolled at a college/university
- Applicants who commit to continuing their education at an accredited institution of higher education during the 2018-2019 academic calendar year
- Children of Guardian members or applicants endorsed by a Guardian member who has been in good financial standing for at least one (1) year
- First time recipients
The application period commences on January 15, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on April 9, 2018. All applications will be screened for accuracy and adherence to the guidelines set forth by the Education Committee. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit all documents by the deadline, failure to do so will preclude the applicant for award consideration.
Evaluation and Selection
The Education Committee will render a decision based on writing sample, scholastic ability, leadership potential, and a range of knowledge and skill sets. Applications will be reviewed only during the defined application period. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants are required to submit:
- High school transcript (High school seniors only. Unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- College/University transcript (Unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- SAT/ACT score report (High school seniors only)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (from an instructor, clergy, mentor, coach, employer, and/or district/local/state representative, etc.)
- Writing sample
- Professional style photograph
- College acceptance letter (High school seniors)
- Proof of registration for Fall 2018 semester (Current college student)
If you are awarded a scholarship you will be notified by email in May of 2018. Award decisions are made solely by the Education Committee under the leadership of the Executive Board.